As you know, the world has been hugely affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Governor Dewine recently issued a stay at home order intended to protect our communities. At Move for Less, we support this order one hundred percent as we know that this is necessary for the greater good of all of us. The order does allow for the operation of essential services such as moving and relocation. A link to the order can be seen here: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/home/public-health-orders/directors-order-to-stay-at-home
WHAT WE ARE DOING
The safety and well-being of our customers and staff are of the highest priority for all of us here at Move for Less. Because of this, we are continually monitoring the latest developments in the corona virus outbreak. We are closely following the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control (CDC) for the correct steps to prevent the spread of this virus within our community.
Although it has always been important for us to maintain a sanitary work environment, we have taken additional precautions within our facilities including but not limited to an increased emphasis on cleaning, handwashing, and other safety measures. We have also eliminated the visitation of any non-essential individuals to our office.
We require our crew members to take the following precautions when working in the field:
- Frequent handwashing: especially after stopping for gas and supplies
- Avoiding personal contact while on and off of jobs including shaking hands
- Sanitizing equipment and trucks before and after use
- Not coming to work if they or a family member are experiencing any possible symptoms.
- Not coming to work if they have knowingly come into contact with anyone who has been infected.
In addition to the precautions mentioned above, Move for Less is also implementing the following measures:
- Virtual video estimates: This allows you to video chat with a moving consultant via Facetime, Zoom, Facebook video calling, WhatsApp, and other platforms to promote social distancing while receiving an accurate estimate.
- Pre-move customer wellness checks: Our moving consultants will reach out to customers prior to all moves to see ask if you exhibit any symptoms or have come into contact with an infected person. (Please note that moves may be canceled or postponed as we deem necessary to ensure the safety of our crews and customers.)
- Pre-move team member checks: We have met with our entire team to discuss precautions and we have signs posted throughout our office that explain the symptoms. In addition, all team members are required to properly clean their hands upon arrival to work.
- All trucks are equipped with disinfecting supplies.
- Social distancing: All teams are required to practice social distancing upon arrival to customers’ homes. This means maintaining a distance of at least 6 feet whenever possible between our team and our customers.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
We kindly ask that for our customers also take the following precautions during this time:
- Cleaning high-touch areas such as handrails, doorknobs, handles, etc.
- Practice and allow for frequent handwashing and disinfecting of hands for our crews
- Postponing your move if you notice that you are experiencing any symptoms such as fever, dry cough, diarrhea, or any others outlined by the CDC or have come into contact with an infected person.
- Informing your moving consultant if you have a weak immune system or are considered high risk according to the CDC guidelines.
- Open windows and doorways while your move is being performed to increase air circulation.
Our phones are open during regular business hours to meet the needs of our current and prospective customers. The health and safety of our customers and team members remain our #1 priority and we are committed to doing our part to help keep everyone safe. Your assistance with this and faith in Move for Less is greatly appreciated. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to our moving consultants.